From regulatory compliance to shifting customer loyalties and the increasing digitization of banking, banks have faced a number of changes and challenges over the years. In order to prosper and succeed in the new era of digitalization and open banking, banks are now focussing on adapting their business models.
For this year’s survey Temenos, in association with Cognizant, interviewed 200+ senior bankers, with over 40% from C-level, and we asked them about the challenges they face in today’s banking landscape. The interviews were conducted over 3 days at the Temenos Community Forum (TCF 2018) held in Dublin, Ireland.
Key Points From This Year’s Survey:
- The banking industry is in transition
- Open banking is an opportunity
- Business model change is the top priority
- Challenger banks remain the biggest threat
- Fintechs are firm friends
- Banks are spending more on IT renovation
- Cloud goes mainstream