Together with our partner, Ifinity, we landed in Sri Lanka and organised our first-ever hybrid event on Wednesday, 7 April 2021. The event laid down digital best practices and programme for our Sri Lankan customers at Shangri-La, Colombo.
Held over two separate sessions in the afternoon and late evening, #LevelUP in Sri Lanka was well-attended by over 70 managerial and C-level executives respectively!
- Welcome note by Vijira Wijesinghe, Managing Director, Ifinity. He shared how Ifinity translate vision into action, and how banks can kickstart an invisible banking revolution through Ifinity and Temenos
- Imal Kalutotage, Founder / Chairman of Ifinity, shared about the start-up story of NCINGA, and their approach for digital transformation – a lean and agile project executive and working only with trusted partners
- Imran Vilcassim, Country Manager, Temenos shared his experience in combining technology and banking together and how Temenos enables a strong local powerful ecosystem in Sri Lanka
- Dialling in from Temenos Singapore, we had Nicholas Edwards, Head of Distribution Infinity APAC and Chee Kiat Loy, Principal Solutions Consultant in Data and Analytics. Dialling in from Temenos United Kingdom, we had Mathieu Charles, Strategic Advisor, MEA and Temenos Value Benchmark Lead from Temenos presenting to our audiences.
- Nicholas talked about the biggest opportunity we see in the Sri Lankan market – the importance of consistent mobile banking experience. By investing in the right kind of platforms that sit across business verticals to decouple layers of architecture.
- Chee Kiat highlighted topics on Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence and how Banks need to take on a data-driven approach to serve customers better and how it can be done successfully? He explained this to our audiences with real-use cases and brief demonstration of Temenos Analytics Suite.
- Mathieu shared that there is a big opportunity in Sri Lanka. A high mobile penetration but a lower usage of mobile phone and/or internet to assess financial institution accounts. Also, he shared how participants can leverage benchmark insights from Temenos Value Benchmark to achieve a better innovative transformation.
- We wrapped up both sessions with extensive peer-to-peer networking over well-crafted dishes and drinks for our guests!
After hearing from our experts, you may be interested to find out more
Recap a Full Day’s Worth of Activities
Our Stellar Temenos Speakers at #LevelUp in Sri Lanka
Chee Kiat Loy | Principal Solutions Consultant in Data and Analytics, Temenos
Chee Kiat is a principal solutions consultant at Temenos specialising in data and analytics. Prior to joining the financial technology industry he manages decision science units at tier-1 banks delivering analytics driven business values in the areas of credit risk management, wealth, lending as well as portfolio management.
Mathieu Charles | Strategic Advisor, MEA and Temenos Value Benchmark Lead, Temenos
Mr. Mathieu Charles has been Sales Strategic Advisor at Temenos since June 2018, leading the Temenos Value Benchmark. The Temenos Value Benchmark Program is a strategic survey-based program to discuss the business and IT metrics and best practices enabled by banks investment in technology. Prior to joining Temenos, Mr. Charles has nearly 10 years of experience in investment research and strategy. Prior to Temenos, he worked as Strategic Consulting Manager, EMEA at FactSet, engaging with both sell-side and buy-side on strategic issues, project management and account management. Before that, he was a consultant at Capgemini. Mr. Charles holds a Master of Science in Engineering from the “Mines de Saint Etienne” (France), and is a Certified Scrum Master.
Nicholas Edwards | APAC Head of Distribution, Temenos
Nick has 15 years of financial services experience and currently is responsible for Temenos’ digital banking product sales across the Asia Pacific. He joined Temenos a number of years ago through the acquisition of a born in the cloud fintech business, Avoka Technologies where he ran the go-to-market for Australia and New Zealand.