Temenos strengthens its Executive Committee and North America Leadership team with the acquisition of Kony, the US #1 digital banking SaaS company
• Thomas E. Hogan, Chairman and CEO, Kony, to join Temenos Executive Committee as newly appointed President of Temenos North America.
• Emily Steele is appointed Executive Vice President, North America Field Operations and Delivery.
• Jeffery Kendall is appointed Executive Vice President, North America Sales and Distribution.
GENEVA, Switzerland – August 28, 2019 – Temenos (SIX: TEMN), the banking software company, today announced it is strengthening its Executive Committee and North America leadership team, following its previously announced acquisition of Kony, Inc., the fast growing US #1 digital banking SaaS company.
Thomas E. Hogan, Chairman and CEO of Kony, will be appointed as the President of Temenos North America and a member of the Temenos Executive Committee. This appointment will become effective upon the completion of the Kony acquisition, expected by early Q4 2019.
Tom will drive Temenos’ sales growth in North America, with responsibility for the region’s P&L, reporting directly to Max Chuard, Chief Executive Officer of Temenos.
Tom is a highly regarded US leader with extensive experience in executive positions in the software and technology sector. He has served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Kony since 2014, leading the company’s fast expansion and growth. Prior to Kony, he held leadership roles in Hewlett Packard, IBM and Siebel and was the Chief Executive Officer of publicly held Vignette from 2001 to 2006. Tom currently serves as a director on the Citrix board as well as a board advisor to Cognitive Scale.
Temenos will also strengthen the North America Leadership team with the following key appointments both reporting to Tom:
- Emily Steele – Executive Vice President, Field Operations and Delivery for Temenos North America. A senior leader with over 20 years of experience in the ﬁnancial services industry. Emily joined Temenos in 2015 by way of the company’s acquisition of Akcelerant and has held a number of key roles. She will continue to be instrumental in Temenos’ business success and will oversee the North America day-to-day operations.
- Jeffery Kendall – Executive Vice President, North America Sales and Distribution. Jeffery was previously Executive Vice President and General Manager of Banking at Kony. An experienced leader in enterprise-scale digital transformation with over 20 years of experience in the technology industry. Jeffery will be responsible for driving sales in North America and for partnering with the rest of Temenos to ensure the global success of Temenos Infinity, the market leading digital front office product.
Max Chuard, Chief Executive Officer, Temenos, said:
“With the acquisition of Kony, we are not only acquiring a great digital front office product but also an impressive team of over 1,500 experts in digital and cloud. I am extremely pleased to welcome Tom Hogan to our Executive Committee as the President of Temenos North America. Tom is an inspirational leader with rich experience in the technology sector and I am convinced we will continue to accelerate our success in the US and Canada. I am also excited by the strength of the new North America leadership team with the key appointments of Emily and Jeffery. These are truly exciting times and I am confident that Tom, Emily and Jeffery will continue to successfully deliver on our North American strategic plan as we enter our next phase of growth.”
Thomas E. Hogan, Chairman and CEO, Kony, said:
“I am thrilled to join Max Chuard and the Temenos leadership team. They have done a remarkable job building the acknowledged global leader in banking software. I am also extremely pleased to partner in this new journey with Emily and Jeffery. Both have an established track record of exceptional leadership, client centricity, and domain expertise. We share an ambitious vision of growth across North America and embrace the challenge.”
Conference Call & Webcast
At 18.30 CET / 17.30 GMT / 12.30 EST, today, 28 August 2019, Max Chuard, CEO, Takis Spiliopoulos, CFO, and Thomas E. Hogan, Chairman and CEO of Kony, Inc., will host a conference call to discuss the announced acquisition, which can be followed either through the dial-in numbers or webcast link below:
+41 (0) 58 310 50 00 (Switzerland, Europe & RoW)
+44 (0) 207 107 0613 (UK)
+1 (1) 631 570 56 13 (USA)
The webcast can be accessed by clicking on this Webcast link.
Investor & Media Contacts
Head of Investor Relations, Temenos+44 207 423 3945 [email protected]
Conor McClafferty+44 7920 087 914 [email protected]