GENEVA, Switzerland – 16 June, 2020 – Temenos (SIX: TEMN), the banking software company, was ranked the market’s leading software provider in digital banking, core banking, payments and risk management product categories according to the IBS Intelligence Sales League Table 2020 (SLT). Temenos was also named a regional leader in both Europe and Americas. Temenos, with its AI and advanced cloud technology, continues to be the undisputed leader in the main product categories in the IBS League Table with the greatest number of competitors.
Temenos has been ranked as the best-selling core banking system for 15 years, as well as the best-selling vendor for digital banking for the fourth consecutive year. For 21 years running, Temenos has demonstrated consistent leadership, placing in the top two positions for core banking systems. In this year’s Sales League Table, Temenos led in nine categories, including:
- #1 Digital banking and channels with Temenos Infinity, gaining 38 new name deals
- #1 Best-selling core banking system with Temenos Transact, securing 51 new name customer deals
- #1 Retail payments system with 51 new deals for Temenos Payments
- #1 Risk management system, closing 53 new deals with Temenos Financial Crime Mitigation
- #1 Regional Leader in Europe, working with ABN AMRO and challenger banks such as Lunar and Alba
- #1 Regional Leader in Americas, partnering with innovative banks such as CWB Financial Group
- #2 Regional Leader in the Middle-East and Africa with key clients such as Egyptian National Post Organization
- #2 Regional Leader in APAC with innovative clients such as TSB with Temenos Infinity Digital Onboarding and Virgin Money Australia
- #2 Islamic Banking, partnering with the world’s largest Islamic bank, Al Rajhi Bank
Max Chuard, Chief Executive Officer, Temenos, said:
“It’s a great honor to be recognized as the best-selling banking software provider with the most modern technology across the main product categories of digital, core banking, retail payments, and risk management systems. Now more than ever we see an acceleration in digital and cloud adoption – banks need agile, modern banking technology across the front and back office. We offer our offer our clients, both established banks and new entrants, the winning combination of the richest banking functionality and the most advanced cloud-native, cloud-agnostic technology. We deliver solutions for the ‘New Normal’ that give our clients agility, speed to market, hyper-personalized services at the front end and automation and operational excellence in the back office. The IBS report reconfirms Temenos as global powerhouse and the world’s #1 banking software company and I would like to thank our customers, partners and employees for helping us achieve this exciting milestone.”
IBS’ Sales League Table Panel, said:
“2019 was a record-breaking year for our Sales League Table, with nearly 900 validated deals globally and the highest level of vendor participation to-date. Temenos’ success was notable due to achieving #1 positions in the most intensely competitive categories including digital banking, core banking, retail payments and risk management systems. At IBS Intelligence, we are seeing banks re-visiting their digital transformation plans to support their businesses through the current COVID-19 crisis. 2020 will be an interesting year for our industry and we will be continuing to track new deals and trends to support our clients worldwide.”
Temenos continues to relentlessly focus on innovation, investing 20% of its revenue in R&D – more than any other provider in the industry. The IBS Intelligence Sales League Table is the global barometer for sales performance of banking platforms ranging from retail, to private, to Islamic, to digital-only and universal banking. The SLT provides a vital tool to executives in banks for selecting vendors for RFIs and influences vendor selection across conventional and digital banking.