Why Temenos IFRS9?
The IFRS Solution provides GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) platform to support the changing financial regulatory standards related to Banks which includes:
- IAS39 ( Financial Instrument Recognition & Measurement)
- Adoption of IFRS9 or Transition from IAS39 to IFRS9(Financial Instruments)
- Provides the framework for Convergence to IFRS, e.g.FASB91 for US
- Multi-GAAP Accounting and Multiple Provisioning methods
It provides a seamless transition from IAS39 to IFRS9 or new IFRS9 implementation through configuration. It leverages on the fully integrated architecture of the Temenos core banking, cash flow engine, rules based staging process, risk-modelling engine, and automated data flow to ensure integrity, efficiency and consistency. to support the 3 main focus areas:
- Classification and measurement of financial instruments
- IFRS Staging and Impairment and Standard Provisioning under multiple GAAPs
- A framework for Hedge Accounting
Classification & Measurement
IFRS9 classification and measurement based on bank’s business model:
– Amortised Cost (AMC)
– Fair Value through Other Comprehensive Income(FVOCI)
– Fair Value Through Profit or Loss (FVPL)
Parameter driven accounting methods and accounting schema.
Cash flow engine integrated with the core banking applications with continuous update of the projected cash flow information through-out the life cycle of the loan
Calculation of EIR and revenue recognition
(*within Temenos products)
Impairment of Financial Assets
A new centralized impairment calculator within the system to move towards the Expected Loss Model and do the necessary Impairment Accounting:
– Uses the 3 Stages model based on Expected credit loss approach
– 12mth ECL, Point in Time ECL or Lifetime ECL
– Extended scope for impairment on financial instruments such as undrawn commitment and financial guarantees.
– Supports Collective as well as Individual assessment
– ECL as initial recognition.
– IFRS staging for risk deterioration using rules based engine for stage determination and option for manual reassignment
– Credit measures using Integrated PD/LGD modelling or from external source
– Multiple methods for allowance and provision calculation
Hedge Accounting Framework
The Hedge Accounting framework provides the ability to trigger the hedge accounting based on hedge effectiveness results fed from an external source.
The Hedge Accounting solution offers the following capability:
– To state the Hedge types
– To document the Hedge Relationships
– To define the Accounting Rules based on the Hedge types
– To post the Hedge Accounting Entries
Multiple-GAAP Accounting Platform
Provides the framework to support different GAAP accounting
Supports FASB91 for the recognition of fees and cost under US GAAP throughout the life-cycle of a loan.
According to a global survey conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) on behalf of Temenos, two-thirds of banking executives believe that new technologies such as AI, machine learning will continue to have the greatest impact on the global banking sector in the next five years. AI can deliver huge benefits in financial services, particularly in the area of combatting financial crime and assisting with alert evaluation where it can deliver a significant return on investment. In acknowledgment of this, regulators are encouraging innovation, including harnessing new technologies, however, with caution that decisions need to be explainable and auditable. Join Professor in AI Hani Hagras, and Adam Gable in this session to learn why there does not need to be a trade-off between the accuracy of predictions and the ability to explain them. Find out how you can use Temenos Financial Crime Mitigation as a “plug in” service to offer real-time fraud, AML and sanctions screening to your payment and product offerings, helping you to better protect your organization in the digital age and reduce timely and costly overheads, powered by Temenos’ industry-leading Explainable AI platform.
Over the coming years, some of the key payments rails in North America will undergo radical transformations to ISO 20022 based standards and transaction services. Affecting both domestic and cross border flows, these changes will impact many areas of processing, from payment order intake to transaction orchestration and execution, to clearing and settlement, to customer reporting, etc. In this discussion, we will highlight some of the key challenges and opportunities to be addressed based on learnings and insights gained from other markets around the world where similar transformations have taken place. What are the key capabilities required to address these challenges and thus reduce the risks and impact on your business?
The Temenos Compliance Advisory Team will be joined by Jessica Phillips, Compliance Officer at Peoples Bank of Alabama to discuss the most pressing compliance risks concerns for financial institutions as we navigate ever-changing policies. This session is focused on TRID updates, mortgage servicing challenges, and flood.