Temenos Strengthens Its Executive Committee to Accelerate Its Business Growth
GENEVA, Switzerland, January 13, 2021 – Temenos AG (SIX: TEMN), the banking software company, today announced it is strengthening its Executive Committee as part of its strategy to both promote internal talent and attract top leaders in the market with experience in high-growth technology organizations.
Temenos is announcing the following changes to its Executive Committee, effective immediately:
- Alexa Guenoun is appointed Chief Operating Officer, replacing Jean-Michel Hilsenkopf, who is retiring after more than 27 years’ service at Temenos. Alexa will have responsibility for global business operations and the services delivery and support organization which she takes over from Colin Jarrett. She will also continue to lead Temenos’ Global Partner organization. Alexa joined Temenos in 2006 and has held a number of senior leadership and Executive Committee roles across Temenos’ sales and business operations functions in several regions.
- Colin Jarrett will continue in his role as Chief Cloud Officer, focusing on leading Temenos’ SaaS and cloud organization.
- Jaqueline White has been recruited as President of Americas, taking over from Alexa, with responsibility for the North and South America regions. Jaqueline is a seasoned US executive having held world-wide senior leadership positions most recently at DXC, as well as Oracle, SAP and Accenture.
- David Macdonald, who joined the company in 2020, is joining the Executive Committee as President of Europe. David will lead the growth, development and P&L of Temenos’ business across the region. Prior to Temenos, David was the Chief Sales Officer of US-based analytics software company SAS Institute Inc. where he served for over 20 years leading the global sales divisions.
- Jean-Paul Mergeai is promoted to the Executive Committee as President of APAC and MEA. Jean-Paul will build on his great track record in Middle-East and Africa, where he has been Managing Director since 2014, to accelerate growth in the Asia Pacific region.
- Deirdre Dempsey-Leclercq is promoted to the Executive Committee as Chief Legal Officer. Deirdre, who has been with Temenos since 2001, will continue to lead the legal and compliance function.
- Philip Barnett is promoted to the Executive Committee as President of Strategic Growth. Philip has been with Temenos since 2003 and is focused on leveraging global technology partners to generate new growth revenue streams for the company.
- The following members remain on the Executive Committee: Takis Spiliopoulos as Chief Financial Officer, Mark Winterburn as Chief Product and Technology Officer and Monica Rancati as Chief Human Resource Officer.
Max Chuard, Chief Executive Officer of Temenos, said:
“We have excellent strength and depth of management by promoting internal talent and attracting the best leaders in the market running high-growth technology organizations with experience in SaaS, cloud and digital transformation projects.
I am pleased to name Alexa Guenoun as our new COO. Alexa is a proven leader, committed to Temenos, with a highly successful track record in sales, business operations and leadership focused on high growth. Alexa has always been laser-focused on customers, partners, and our employees.
I am delighted to announce the hiring of Jacqueline White as President of the Americas. Jacqueline has extensive experience leading diverse multi-national business within large software companies. Jacqueline will drive our business across the Americas, with a particular focus on the US, where we have been expanding our market presence and have significant future growth opportunities across all banking tiers and products, in particular Transact and Infinity.
I am also pleased to announce David Macdonald is joining the Executive Committee as President of Europe. David joined Temenos in 2020 from SAS Institute Inc, where he ran a multi-billion dollar global sales division. His extensive experience in SaaS and cloud sales will be instrumental in driving our growth in the region.
Lastly, I am promoting our other regional leader, Jean-Paul Mergeai, to head up APAC and MEA, Deirdre Dempsey-Leclercq, who leads our legal and compliance team, and Philip Barnett, responsible for strategic growth to our Executive Committee, reflecting the importance of these roles in our business as we continue to drive growth globally.
I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude on behalf of all of Temenos to Jean-Michel for serving 27 years and for his fundamental role in building Temenos into the successful global banking software leader that it is today. I wish him a happy retirement as he hands over to the next generation to shape the company’s future.
I am proud and privileged to have a world-class Executive Committee with dedicated and hugely experienced leaders to drive our success in 2021 and beyond.”
Investor & Media Contacts
Head of Investor Relations, Temenos+44 207 423 3945 [email protected]
Conor McClafferty+44 7920 087 914 [email protected]