Temenos Group AG (SIX: TEM), headquartered in Geneva, is a market leading software provider, partnering with banks and other financial institutions to transform their businesses and stay ahead of a changing marketplace.
Over 2,000 firms across the globe, including 38 of the top 50 banks, rely on Temenos to process the daily transactions of more than 500 million banking customers as well as over USD 5 trillion in assets. Temenos customers are proven to be more profitable than their peers: in the period 2008-2012, they enjoyed on average a 32% higher return on assets, a 42% higher return on equity and an 8.1 percentage point lower cost/income ratio than banks running legacy applications.
Temenos distinguishes itself from peers through its:
- Business model, founded on high R&D: Temenos annually invests around 20% of sales in R&D, significantly more than its peers, into a single fully packaged upgradeable software release, which ensures all Temenos customers benefit from modern technology and support indefinitely.
- Cutting-edge products: Temenos’ software products provide advanced technology and rich functionality, incorporating best practice processes that leverage Temenos’ experience around the globe.
- Strong financials: over the past 10 years Temenos has achieved a
- 23% CAGR in revenues,
- 27% CAGR in non-IFRS EBIT
- 22% CAGR in maintenance revenues.