GENEVA, Switzerland – March 5, 2020 – Temenos (SIX: TEMN), the banking software company, today expanded its Temenos Quantum market-leading multiexperience development platform (MXDP), giving businesses greater control of their digital transformation and allowing them to offer smarter, AI-powered digital experiences. Temenos Quantum’s integration with Explainable AI (XAI) powers intelligent, hyperpersonalized digital experiences, resulting in higher levels of user engagement and satisfaction, and faster origination. Through AI-driven development, integrated DevOps processes and low-code tooling for end-to-end automated testing, Temenos Quantum increases developer productivity, accelerates software delivery and enables rapid launch of competitive product innovations.
As part of the strategic roadmap, Temenos Quantum is being integrated with the Temenos XAI platform to create a unique intelligent self-service decision-making capability for banks and enterprises. Temenos will also deepen the MXDP capabilities across a range of digital touchpoints and integrate the platform with Temenos Data Lake and Analytics, leveraging distributed databases for increased scalability and performance for multi-cloud active-active deployments. Temenos’ continued investment in cloud-native and cloud-agnostic features offer cloud provider flexibility and lower infrastructure cost. The enhancements demonstrate Temenos’ increased R&D investment in Quantum.
Max Chuard, Chief Executive Officer, Temenos, said: “By combining Temenos Quantum with our XAI platform, we are bringing to market the next-generation development platform to help businesses create the digital enterprises of the future. We consistently invest 20% of our revenues in R&D to ensure that we are always at the forefront of technology innovation. Since acquiring Kony, we’ve accelerated the Temenos Quantum multiexperience development platform roadmap, augmenting it with our 25 years of experience in delivering world-class enterprise software. We have a leading technology platform and a strategic product roadmap.”
Temenos Quantum is available across industries, enabling businesses to build custom multiexperience solutions. For banks, Temenos Quantum provides the foundation for Temenos Infinity, which delivers outstanding digital experiences with the flexibility to customize and extend them. Temenos Infinity gives banks the agility to create dynamic products, support instant decisions and increase speed to market.
Temenos Infinity – based on the Quantum multiexperience development platform – provides a seamless digital banking experience. From a single platform, banks can manage experience APIs across all channels, all banking sectors, and all core or back-office systems. Temenos’ decision to use Quantum as the foundation for Temenos Infinity is a testament to the depth, power and investment in the Temenos Quantum platform.
In a recent Gartner report1, analysts Jason Wong, Done Scheibenreif and Gene Phifer state: “The time has come to apply new channel-less thinking to deliver a unified customer experience in a world with an increasing array of digital touchpoints and interaction modalities… The proliferation of devices, along with the vast permutations of digital touchpoints and interaction modalities, requires application leaders to transcend omnichannel and embrace MX to achieve greater CX outcomes in a world driven by digital experiences.”
Temenos Quantum combines the speed and ease of low-code development productivity with a comprehensive set of enterprise back-end services and integration capabilities required to deliver mission critical multiexperience digital solutions. With Temenos Quantum, businesses can build modern web and true native mobile applications, incorporating wearables, chatbots, augmented reality, and conversational apps on a unified platform, accelerate time-to-market, and deliver an engaging and seamless user experience.
Amway, a worldwide direct selling company of health and beauty products, has standardized on Temenos Quantum platform to transform its business operation and drive digital innovation for its three million Amway Business Owners globally.
Mani Palutla, Sr. Digital Specialist, Amway, said: “Temenos’ Quantum Testing Framework helps developers and testers quickly incorporate testing as part of the development process from day one by allowing developers to easily create tests for their apps. The Quantum Testing Framework will help our teams shift testing left and focus on the quality of our apps, not just the speed we deliver our features.”
The advancements in automated testing enable customers to cut both their testing efforts and timelines in half by simplifying the generation of test cases and increase the number of app scenarios covered by test automation. The reduced timelines promote innovation and accelerate time-to-market. The cloud-based test case execution for both web and native apps, using the AWS Device Farm service, enables customers to expand their test coverage to a larger number of native device and operation system combinations at a much lower cost than typical on-premise web testing and native device farm solutions.
Temenos partners continue to expand their teams of certified developers on Temenos Quantum to assist banking and corporate customers to leverage the full power and realize the business benefits of Temenos Quantum to deliver multiexperience solutions.
Paulo Vieira, Partner, Tailwind Business Ventures, said: “As a Temenos Solution Delivery Partner for both banking and non-banking customers, we are excited about the increased R&D investment and new product capabilities released for Temenos Quantum. This will enable us to deliver even better multiexperience solutions that help our clients achieve their digital transformation in less time. Combining the Temenos Quantum platform productivity and rich features with the power of Temenos XAI opens new opportunities to us across multiple significant market verticals.”
Temenos Quantum, under the previous Kony brand, was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms.2 The platform was also named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Digital Experience Development Platform, Q2 2018 report and The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms for AD&D Professionals, Q1 2019.
Gartner, Transcend Omnichannel Thinking and Embrace Multiexperience for Improved CX, Jason Wong, Don Scheibenreif, Gene Phifer, 17 February 2020.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Jason Wong, Van Baker, Mark Driver, Adrian Leow, Paul Vincent, 10 July 2019.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Temenos Quantum
Temenos Quantum combines the speed and ease of low-code development productivity with a comprehensive set of enterprise back-end services and integration capabilities required to deliver multiexperience digital solutions. Temenos Quantum offers the following product capabilities:
- Integration with Temenos Explainable AI (XAI): Smarter digital experiences that automate complex business process workflows and decisions using the combined power of Temenos Quantum’s multiexperience development platform and Temenos XAI.
- AI-Powered Chatbots and Conversational Apps: Conversational touchpoints integrated into the digital experience to simplify user interaction and increase customer engagement and retention. AI-powered chatbots for both web and native apps as well as conversational apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home smart speakers.
- AI-Assisted Development: Better applications developed in less time with the addition of AI and Machine Learning (ML) into the development platform to assist developers with generating app modules and components and automating tedious tasks.
- Client & Server-side Business Process Workflow: Low-code visual designer to create business process workflows for both client-side logic as well as long running server-side workflows. This visual designer can incorporate other back-office user tasks, integrate with other backend services or data, and automated configurable decision logic that empowers non-technical users to easily build, change, and monitor business processes.
- Integrated Business Rules Engine: Seamless integration of configurable business rules into the Temenos Quantum backend runtime. This empowers business users with the flexibility to quickly adapt and update how logic executes within workflows and other backend services to react to changing market conditions, industry regulations, or business objectives.
- Modern Web and Progressive Web Apps: Modern web advances through built-in support for creating progressive web apps (PWA) that provides native-like interactions over the web by leveraging the latest improvements in browser capabilities to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Simplified Automated Testing & DevOps: Test cases within the developer tooling using a visual test recorder for both web and native applications. The test cases are later executed on the cloud as an integrated part of the DevOps pipeline to reduce QA efforts, compress timelines, avoid missed regression defects, and perform automated monitoring of production applications.
To learn more, register for the webinar (link) on March 26, “Process Automation: The Fuel that Will Drive”, presented by Temenos, featuring Matt Terry, SVP Product, Quantum, Temenos, and VP, principal analyst, Rob Koplowitz, Forrester Research. To find out more visit: https://www.temenos.com/platform/quantum