DUBLIN, Ireland at the 2018 Temenos Community Forum – May 18, 2018 – Temenos (SIX: TEMN), the banking software company, is bringing together 1,300 banks, partners, fintechs, analysts, journalists, and industry experts at its 19th annual Temenos Community Forum (TCF).
We live in an era of seismic change – restrictive regulation, failure of legacy technology, changing customer behaviors and new competitors are making it difficult for banks to stay relevant. Every bank and financial institution, of any size, anywhere in the world, exists in the midst of a digital revolution. To reach their potential, all financial institutions must be Digital to the Core, the theme of this year’s event. Quick-fix digitization makes IT more, not less complex. In place of “spaghetti” legacy technology, banks who choose Temenos propose real-time, agile and fast customer journeys.
Not all banks are simply being disrupted – instead some are leveraging their core assets to differentiate and re-invent themselves: trust, security, data. TCF brings together some of the greatest pioneers across the industry to share their experiences of how they have led digital transformation journeys within their organizations, and how they are transforming the customer journey. This year’s event boasts an extraordinary line-up of speakers and sessions, including:
- Irish Prime Minister, Leo Varadkar, who will speak about his government’s support of the Irish banking sector as well as the fintech players.
- Ezequiel Szafir, CEO of Openbank, the digital bank of Santander, who will discuss how he is building Openbank, one of the first fully fledged digital banks running in the cloud and offering a complete range of banking and investment products through its digital platform.
- Willem Hueting, Senior General Manager International Markets, KBC, who will present the international rollout of the bank’s group-wide IT renovation program which will future-proof the bank’s business.
- Innovation JAM final: where the 12 finalists from the regional Innovation Jams will present a live demo of their product in a competition to identify the winning solution.
- Sessions and live demos on Temenos new product launches including the next-generation of Temenos Digital Engagement Suite, Temenos Origination, Temenos solutions fo the mass affluent segment, and Temenos Payments to name but a few.
Encompassing 30 breakout sessions, TCF will feature 26 client speakers and industry experts alongside Temenos thought leaders. Together, they will discuss becoming faster to market, empowering customers with the gold standard of banking, and achieving success in creating a technology ecosystem.
This year’s event also features the very first TCF Fun Run for charity, bringing together runners for 2K and 5K races. For each participant, Temenos will donate to the Hand In Hand International charity.
David Arnott, Chief Executive Officer, Temenos, commented:
“Over the years, TCF has evolved from a community event to one of the world’s most important banking conferences. What we’re seeing in the industry amounts to nothing less than an industry-wide digital revolution that we are leading together. Not only is the event bigger than ever, but we are also celebrating what we believe to be a watershed moment in the financial services industry. It’s the year of digitization. The opportunities of open banking and new technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to name but a few are endless, but only if you have the right technology in place. The forward-thinking financial institutions that we serve are embarking on end-to-end renovation projects. It’s not about having a digital strategy, it’s about having the right digital strategy. I’m delighted to welcome everyone to this event.”
Temenos Press Contacts
Jessica Wolfe & Grace Collins
Temenos Global Public Relations
Alistair Kellie & Andrew Adie
Newgate Communications for Temenos