The second annual Temenos Regional Forum (TRF) Australia was held at the stunning Doltone House – Jones Bay Wharf on Tuesday, 23 July 2019. Once again, TRF Australia brought together the banking, wealth and financial services community from across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. An action packed afternoon to connect, collaborate, learn and meet with peers, industry experts, challengers and innovators.
- Delegates got the opportunity to meet with key regional partners who sponsored TRF Australia, as well as the team from Temenos MarketPlace, Temenos Learning Community, WealthSuite and Temenos Value Benchmark.
- Chee Kiat Loy our APAC guru in data and analytics explained why these are the essential ingredients for the modern digital bank to stay relevant in the open bank ecosystem.
- We heard from the dynamic duo Eylem Kamerakkas and Bianca De Melo from Macquarie Group, who shared an overview of the managed account journey, current landscape, future opportunities and what it means for advisers and clients.
- Scott Farrell from Kings & Wood Mallesons presented a thought provoking keynote for the Open Banking session, giving insights into the upcoming regime hitting Australia in 2020 and beyond. Scott gave our audience a thing or two to think about, emphasising that Open Banking is not about ‘banking’, it’s a customer-driven data economy that presents opportunity for all.
- Our very own Rohini Goyal hosted a panel discussion on what banks need to consider from both banking and payments perspective, legislation and getting ready for the Open Banking regime in Australia. Joining Rohini on stage to debate the topic was Scott Farrell from King & Wood Mallesons, Nathan Churchward from Cuscal and Ian Webster from Cognizant our Gold sponsor.
- Pradyut Vatsa our APAC Sales Lead in Temenos Cloud gave insights to the driving forces for cloud and revitalising banking technology.
- David Fodor from AWS, our Silver sponsor, shed a spotlight on the industry on how and why cloud is an enabler for transformation in the financial services industry.
- Tag team presentation from our very own John Schlesinger and Martin Dragomirecky from NuoDB on the move of core banking to cloud technology and what this means for banks. Banking is going through multiple major changes at the same time – move to the cloud, open banking, instant payments and regulating for low margin. All of these imply that banks will have to take a new approach to how they manage data.
- Martin Frick deep dives in to Judo Bank’s record go live and what it takes to run a neobank during a ‘fire side chat’ with Alex Twigg.
- Hamish Archer from TSB Bank New Zealand shared the bank’s journey “Pioneering past, digital future”. Ever since the bank was founded in 1850, the bank has constantly adapted to meet the changing needs of their customers. The next 10 years will bring more change to the way they work and how they support customers than ever before.
- We closed off Chris Wooldridge from Temenos with an engaging and insightful session on digital acquisition, how to drive new business through optimization, the need of on-boarding and origination journeys.
Managing Director Asia Pacific at Temenos
CIO & Co-Founder, Judo Bank
Bianca De Melo
State Sales Manager NSW, Macquarie Group
Head of Managed Accounts Product, Macquarie Group
Head of Client Advisory, Temenos
Chief Enterprise Architect, Temenos
VP Sales Engineering, NuoDB
Digital Strategist, Temenos
Head of Product, Emerging Services, Cuscal
Thank you to our Sponsors
TRF Australia 2019 Highlights
TRF Australia delivered though provoking and insightful content that covered a variety of topics throughout the day. For your reading pleasure and reference, click on the content below to download a complimentary copy.
Hamish Archer, TSB Bank
Chee Kiat Loy
TRF Asia Pacific 2019
The second annual Temenos Regional Forum (TRF) Australia was held at the stunning Doltone House – Jones Bay Wharf on Tuesday, 23 July 2019. Once again, TRF Australia brought together…
Following the success of the first edition, which welcomed over 120+ customers, partners and industry leaders in the banking and financial services community, the exclusive by-invitation Temenos Regional Forum is…
第二届Temenos大中华区交流论坛（Temenos Regional Forum）在成都如期而至，盛大举行。