Blockchain is set to disrupt businesses, and none more so than those within the financial services industry.
Despite its initial billing as a threat to the traditional financial ecosystem, financial institutions (and their corporate clients) increasingly believe that blockchain, the protocol that manages and facilitates the exchange of bitcoin, offers great benefits. As a result we are now seeing big financial players coming forward to discuss experiments with blockchain and other decentralized ledgers, and every day we see an new opinion or update on this disruptive technology from a financial services perspective.
Temenos is very active in this space; including undertaking proof of concepts, panel discussions and leading the markets discussion on this and other emerging technologies.
- Is blockchain looking for a problem to solve?
- Blockchain and central banks: friend or foe?
- ViewPoint: The Blockchain is coming to banking
- Making Blockchain a reality
- Watch our Blockchain panel discussion
- Blockchain: unlocking its potential in commercial banking
- Private blockchains – faster and more efficient
Block Rockin’ Beats: blockchain comes to the music industry
Disruptors have the best chance of success when they tackle inefficiency in a market. We've seen it with financial services, travel, retail and insurance. Next up is music, writes Ben Robinson