Corporate Social Responsibility
Temenos is committed to achieving business excellence and long-term value through superior financial performance while operating responsibly and with integrity, honoring ethical values and respecting its stakeholders, communities and the environment.
We are committed to:
- building long term sustainable relationships with our stakeholders
- managing our operations in a responsible, secure and sustainable way
- helping our clients transform into smart, sustainable organizations
- achieving both financial and non-financial value (business and social value) for our stakeholders
International organizations, industry peer pressure and stakeholder expectations play a major role in promoting responsibility, transparency and accountability in corporate governance and business processes. Regulation as well as voluntary compliance with international standards are central to our CSR strategy. Temenos complies with the requirements of many international organizations, governmental organizations and industry standards, such as the EU Directive 2014/95/EU on disclosure of non-financial and diversity information by certain large undertakings and groups, India Companies Act 2013, UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the UK Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
In addition, we align our commitments and CSR reporting with voluntary global standards. We base our CSR reporting on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines. We have endorsed the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), submitting an annual Communication on Progress implementing the UNGC’s 10 principles. We are members of the Global Compact Network Switzerland. We have aligned our Business Code of Conduct and corporate policies with the UNGC’s 10 principles on the four issue areas of Human Rights, Labor, Environment and Anti-Corruption, as well as the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises. We support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and publicly report ways in which our operation as well as community investment are contributing to the global effort to achieve the SDGs. In 2018, Temenos joined the World Economic Forum (WEF) as a Member. Temenos representatives participated in a number of key WEF events, demonstrating the significance of our contribution to the banking industry and more broadly to society as a whole, including the Sustainable Development Impact Summit that took place in New York on 24-25 September 2018. Reporting, verification and assurance are important tools for us to measure the CSR progress as well as document our non-financial performance to all our stakeholders, while remaining competitive and ahead of the game.
Throughout 2018, as a result of our active dialogue with our stakeholders, we continued to benchmark our sustainability performance against international business benchmarks and voluntary, in order to better address the needs of our stakeholders.
In recognition of our sustainability performance as well as contribution to the local economies where Temenos operates:
- The SXI Switzerland Sustainability 25® Index included Temenos among the 25 Swiss stocks from the SMI® Expanded Index with the best sustainability scores
- The Great Place to Work® Competition recognized one of the Temenos offices globally, Temenos Greece, as one of the Best Workplaces in the country
- The Geneva Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services awarded the ‘Prize of the Geneva Economy 2018’ in recognition of our long term contribution to the Geneva economy
- Our Environmental Management System in our three offices in India received ISO 14001:2015 certification.
We have gone beyond the requirements of the law and have integrated CSR into our corporate strategy, business principles, policies and processes, decision-making and governance. Our CSR action plan focuses on three areas:
- How to manage our CSR strategy
- How to monitor, analyze and assess our ESG footprint, with the use of non-financial KPIs
- How to communicate and raise awareness about our CSR strategy to all stakeholders internally and externally.
Our CSR and Ethics Governance
To ensure the effective implementation of our CSR strategy, Temenos has a Global Corporate Social Responsibility Department, responsible for managing the Group CSR strategy, interacting with stakeholders and driving the CSR initiatives.
Temenos CSR strategy is designed and led by the CSR and Ethics Committee (the Committee) at the senior management level, which reports to the Board of Directors through the Audit Committee. The purpose of the Committee is to foster a culture of sustainability, responsibility and ethics within the Company, recognizing that senior management is responsible for instilling Temenos’ values throughout the Company. The Committee represents different Temenos functions and departments, ensuring all the voices of internal and external stakeholders are taken into account.
For more information: Temenos Global CSR and Ethics Committee Charter
Our CSR Priority Areas
- Achieving Business Excellence
- Operating Responsibly
- Investing in Our People
- Enabling Access to Financial Services
- Investing in Our Communities
For more information: